Monday, February 15, 2010

Friends or extended Associates?

hey beauties!

Friend, a word that is tossed around frequently. Many introduce themselves as friends with others and many lie to your face calling you a friend mean while they could care two cents about you.

According to dictionary.com a friend is :
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?


So how many friends do you really have ?I am guilty of calling many a friend when they are just an extension of an associate. My real friends have stood by my side when I'm right and when I'm wrong. We communicate well and share a bond. My real friends know me, they know my pain, my struggle, my weaknesses, my strengths and my courage.
Extended Associates know much of what my real friends do however when I really need support, they are ghost. when life starts to have turmoil they are clucking their heels in another direction. They pretend to care however if they never met you, their lives wouldn't change one bit....My real friends effect my life every day. Without them in my circle apart of me is missing.

One of the smartest individuals that I know said the quote " people are in your life for different reasons and different seasons" and as I've gotten older and wiser that quote sticks with me.

And one of my friends stated to me "Nik,I can count on one hand my Real Friends" and I would sit there like true but what about so and so or that one, now I realize my friend was right. My Real and genuine friends are only in one hand, now there are few, and I'm stretching few that I am close to as well. I'm just blessed and happy to know the cinco amigas I have are worth it all and I appreciate our sisterhood. I know that if times get rough they are there in my corner to go to War! Thank God for them.

No comments: