Sunday, March 22, 2009

A quote I am believing to be true

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man would have to go through HIM to find her" Unknown (unless someone can tell me where its from :D, I would appreciate that)

I love this quote because in my view it's so true. In service today, one of the members from my church proposed to his girlfriend. It was very touching and my pastor blessed the ring before he placed it on her finger. My pastor made a joke saying something along the lines of "if he loves u that much he would put a ring on it" then all the ladies were like "yep yep" "thats right" and doing the beyonce ring on it dance lol. fun times but true.

Pastor also made a comment about shacking up. I mean I dont care if others do it however the more and more I think about it. I want to be at least engaged about to get married in a month or few weeks when living with my honey. With my standards, I want to marry a God fearing man, period. I need to know that if things go wrong, I have a spouse that wont just throw in the towel or run away, but a spouse that will get down on his knees and pray with me. I know I have found that person which is a blessing, I hope and pray others feel the importance of faith and spirituality in a marriage because "A family that prays together will stay together"...THE TRUTH.
peace
Nicole Cherise

5 comments:

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

Very true.

I don't believe in shacking up. Well, if you're engaged, then its okay, because you're setting up for your life together. Other than that, no shacking up.

svrbrownsuga said...

Word! I agree. its just more stability in my opinion but I dont judge others who do so. :D

BlaqueHonesty said...

I have heard the same quote, and I wish I knew who said it as well.

Your post - right on point.

As for living with a guy, it is not something that I see as necessary. People say they want to do it to see how the other person lives....Well, I can tell you that I have visited people (girls and guys), and even though they invited me - the place was still a mess (this has been the case with most of the guys). I dislike mess. I feel that if you can't have things together when I'm just your friend/gf, whatever the case may be, you will not change when you put a ring on my finger. Maybe. But it will be with time and maybe involve someone picking up behind you. That is just one example.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I would not want to live with a guy.

lol...sorry for the long rambling there.

svrbrownsuga said...

Gurlie u are fine, its kool I appreciate the feedback :D. its so true the person doesnt change that much when u put a ring on it.

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

BTW, I gave you an award on my blog :)